Grade 6 teachers asked my help for a stand-alone resource to help students create their PYP Exhibition banners and websites.
Things I learned:
- G6 students will do amazing things with Illustrator.
- Just because you can drag-and-drop in Illustrator, you shouldn’t. These steps will save you substantial time and frustration.
- Illustrator very quickly delivers rewarding “A-ha!” moments.
- Many students require explicit instruction messages, e.g.:
- Do download high resolution images. and
- Do not just take screenshots.
- It can’t be said often enough: Create layers.
- With about a 50/50 split, some learners prefer text instructions and some prefer video.
- The Adobe website offers excellent and free tutorials.